Lorraine Darlow, National Learning and Development Coordinator in Scotland, and Richard Knott, Consultant Learning & Development Regional Officer, are both specialists in ministry with children and families, intergenerational worship and ministry, and work with young people. Contact Lorraine or Richard if you would like to know more about:
- our forum for practitioners working with children, families, young people and community development
- bespoke training and support for ministers, workers and volunteers
- training and development events
- using Godly Play in worship and with small groups
- support for churches and circuits to employ children’s, youth and community workers and run activities and events for young people
- partnership working with other denominations and ecumenical groups in Scotland
- the broader work of the Connexional CFY team, including the One Programme, Core Skills development, 3 Generate the annual conference and ongoing mandate for work with children and young people and the issues that matter to them.
Contact Lorraine firstname.lastname@example.org or Richard email@example.com for general advice on ministry with children, young people, families, intergenerational worship and ministry.
Resources for Children’s, Youth & Community work
Methodist Church in Britain website for work with children and young people – http://childrenandyouth.org.uk/
Core Skills training material for workers with Children and Families can be found on the Consultative Group on Ministry among Children website.
Youth Link Scotland has a variety of resources and links including policy frameworks, toolkits and publications. The Step It Up materials were produced to support development work with young people in youth work settings across Scotland. The materials are based on a set of social and emotional competences, which derive from the purpose of youth work and are highly relevant to the kind of learning which young people gain in youth work settings.
The Benefits on both sides DVD resource for developing effective children’s and youth projects is produced by the Methodist Church in partnership with ‘AMAZE‘ – the association of Christian youth and children’s workers. The resource consists of 7 studies which are designed to lead you through the process for setting up a Children’s or youth Project. Complete with workbook, it is designed for use by church leadership groups of small working groups who are considering the options for setting up or developing effective children/youth projects and considering employing children’s youth workers as part of the project. Video versions of the topics:
- Introduction to employing a children’s/youth worker
- Setting up the project
- Management Groups
- Recruitment and selection
- Induction, supervision, mentoring, appraisal and non-management support
- Dealing with conflict
- Personal and interpersonal skills
You can borrow a copy of the dvd from the district office.