Welcome to our worship resources page for ease of accessing resources to engage with online and use at home. Please also connect to the Learning Network Facebook page and Connexional Facebook pages where resources are being shared.
Remember to check out the Connexional website for access to lots of helpful resources. There you will find:
- A Word in Time Bible Study which follows the lectionary, with background information and links to the passage as well as points to ponder.
- You can also read the Prayer of the Day and post a prayer to the Prayer Wall
- Sunday to Friday Prayers with bible passages for use each day to pray for yourself and others, and explore some of the other Creative Prayer ideas for different ages to engage with.
- Worship resources have been made available especially for use during the caronavirus pandemic, including Service Sheets you can access in Word Documents as well as an opportunity to draft an act of worship for use by others too.
- You will find lots of resources that could be used personally or for families in the Resourcing Local Arrangements section of the website and copies of The Vine Local Arrangement Services will be available free to anyone until 31st May, with shortened home versions available each Wednesday. For more information email Lorraine Darlow email@example.com.
- Forth Valley circuit is producing weekly service sheets, as well as other resources.
You can access podcasts, worship services and other online tools:
- Live broadcasts every Sunday at 11am from Rev Mark Slaney, Chair of the Methodist Church in Scotland
- Services posted by Rev Andrew Fox on David Marsh’s YouTube channel. Check regular postings on the Shetland Facebook Page for new resources from Shetland
- Services posted by Rev Chris Jackson, from the Moray coast, which offer hymns, readings, prayer and reflection
- Join in worship on Sundays and midweek reflective times led by Strathclyde Circuit ministers and others by subscribing to Shettleston Methodist Church YouTube Channel or check out their Facebook Page
- Rev Andrew Baker will be leading 5 Minutes at 5pm across Holy Week. Subscribe to his YouTube channel
- Check out the posts on other Learning Network channels: like South West England
- watch live worship from the Methodist churches listed below:
Wesley Chapel, London – from 11.00am every Sunday
Altrincham Methodist Church – from 10.30am every Sunday
Aylesbury Methodist Church – from 10.30am every Sunday
Godalming United Church (Methodist/URC) – from 10.30am every Sunday
Swan Bank Methodist – from 10.30am every Sunday
- Taketime meditations are an ideal way to listen to and reflect on a bible passage, using your imagination to provide a calm, comfortable space in which to meet God. Rev Clive McKee is broadcasting live every Sunday at 10am on Miklr
- there are also lots of podcasts available at The Methodist Podcast and Sermons from Methodist Central Hall
- All We Can website has some great devotional materials.
- Scottish Methodists Online – a gathering place for prayer, bible reflection, worship and more, for Methodists in Scotland
- Time to Pray app, a free resource from Church House
- Sanctuary First is a pioneer ministry in Scotland developing new ways for people to connect with God, spirituality, and one another as an authentic caring worshipping community online. They offer creative ways of using the internet to wrestle with our faith – to learn, celebrate, and find solace.
- utilise radio (such as Premier Christian Radio and UCB) and television (Songs of Praise) and YouTube for pre-recorded worship songs and events
You will find great resources for use with children and families at home at:
- Anchor a free, easy to use app for creating podcasts. Families could sign up, and children and young people could create a podcast around a Bible story/passage, or offer encouragement during difficult times
- Boys Brigade resources are being provided weekly
- Care for the Family and Care for the Family: Raising Faith book
- D6 Family
- Engage Worship are offering a daily prayer and worship activity for families
- FischyMusic Youtube Channel
- Girls’ Brigade has launched some online resources for girls and young women called GB@home, a free weekly resource of activities for different age groups, which are suitable for anyone, not just GB members.
- GodVenture has helpful hints about faith at home.
- Going for Growth simple downloadable Worship at Home liturgy (with suggestions for creative resources) from Mary Hawes, National C&Y Adviser for Church of England
- Illustrated Ministry are offering free, reflective resources including Colouring Sheets for when you feel anxious
- Messy Church are designing sessions for use at home
- Methodist Church resources from The Well Learning Hub from the Children, Youth & Family Ministry Team on Mental Health and Being a Community When You Can’t Meet, as well as links to Together with God and Family Lives
- Mini Movie Matters for children and families, written by Lorraine Darlow
- Mothers’ Union: Faith in the Family
- Roots on the Web have free resources available during the Covid19 which follow the lectionary each week with downloadable sheets for all ages.
- Scottish Bible Society including Bible 2020 with downloadable apps on IOS: https://2020.bible/apple-app and
- The Kitchen Table Project
- We Wonder podcast offers Bible readings & reflections designed for children, with children contributing thoughts and prayers, twice a week during Lent
- Worshiping with Children are providing worship outlines and reflections on the lectionary passages through their Facebook page
You can find a range of digital tools for discipleship in the local church on this site, including streaming services, podcasting and music, virtual eucharist/communion, small groups, prayer, community support, and others.