Welcome to our worship resources page for ease of accessing resources to engage with online and use at home. Please also connect to the Learning Network Facebook page and other Connexional pages where you will find additional resources.
Online resources from the Methodist Church in Scotland…
You will find worship services, podcasts, webinars and other resources for worship and engagement offered by ministers, local preachers and worship leaders, lay workers and volunteers across our circuits:
- Shetland District offers worship services on the Shetland Methodist YouTube Channel. The Shetland District Facebook page has lots of other news and resources too.
- Inverness Circuit – you can follow all that’s happening at The Bike Shed Coffee House with Dave Saunders the Bearded Woodworker who is hosting a series of online conversations connected to issues of faith and everyday life raised by the current pandemic. These are posted on the Kyrios Facebook page.
- The North of Scotland Circuit offers acts of worship and a variety of ways to connect:
Moray Coast offers worship services led by folks from the coastal churches.
Peterhead Methodist Church Facebook Page has lots of videos and devotional material for all ages.
Aberdeen Methodist Church YouTube Channel offers reflections and more. Further resources are available on the Aberdeen Methodist Church Facebook page.
- Angus, Dundee and Perthshire Circuit’s Sunday worship is uploaded to YouTube each Sunday morning at 9 am. We are invited to watch together at 11 am. You can find reflections, prayers, artwork and more on the Circuit Facebook page and the Circuit website.
- Ayrshire and Renfrewshire Circuit broadcasts its services through zoom. To join the circuit Sunday service on Zoom contact Kathleen Pearson, Senior Circuit Steward, for details.
- Strathclyde Circuit is offering acts of worship and a variety of online gatherings to all seekers through the Trinity Methodist Shettleston YouTube Channel as well as Webinars on many different topics. Subscribe to the Shettleston Trinity Facebook page to find out more about resources and events in Strathclyde.
Rev Andrew Baker leads 5live@5 every Saturday at 5pm for 5 minutes on his YouTube channel.
- Forth Valley Circuit offers worship downloads and links to online worship at:
Livingston United Parish Church every Sunday at 10.30am via Zoom. LUPC has a range of other activities online. For more information please visit Livingston United Parish Church Facebook page.
Stirling Methodist Church also offer worship every Sunday at 10.30am via Zoom. If you would like to join them please email Jon for instruction on how to link to the service.
St Anne’s Scottish Episcopal and Methodist Church in Dunbar, offers various worship services via Zoom. Details are available via their Lifeline magazine.
City of Edinburgh Methodist Church will be worshipping on YouTube at 11am from 2nd August 2020.
Online resources from the Connexional website including:
- A Word in Time Bible Study which follows the lectionary, with background information and links to the passage as well as points to ponder.
- Prayer of the Day – read or post a prayer to the Prayer Wall
- Sunday to Friday Prayers with bible passages for use each day to pray for yourself and others, and explore some of the other Creative Prayer ideas for engaging different ages.
- Worship resources have been made available especially for use during the caronavirus pandemic, including Service Sheets you can access in Word Documents as well as an opportunity to draft an act of worship for use by others too.
- Resourcing Local Arrangements section of the website has lots of resources for personal use or for families to use together.
- Also, DIAL-A-PRAYER is a FREE phone line and news service from the Methodist Church. Content is updated on Thursday afternoons. Listen to a prayer: 0800 281 2514 or Listen to news: 0800 281 2478
Other online links to live worship services, meditation and prayer:
- Live worship from other Methodist Churches:
Wesley Chapel, London – from 11.00am every Sunday
Altrincham Methodist Church – from 10.30am every Sunday
Aylesbury Methodist Church – from 10.30am every Sunday
Godalming United Church (Methodist/URC) – from 10.30am every Sunday
Swan Bank Methodist – from 10.30am every Sunday
- Taketime meditations are an ideal way to listen to and reflect on a bible passage, using your imagination to provide a calm, comfortable space in which to meet God. Rev Clive McKee is broadcasting live every Sunday at 10am on Miklr
- Podcasts are available at The Methodist Podcast and Sermons from Methodist Central Hall
- All We Can website has some great devotional materials.
- Time to Pray app, a free resource from Church House
- Sanctuary First is a pioneer ministry in Scotland developing new ways for people to connect with God, spirituality, and one another as an authentic caring worshipping community online. They offer creative ways of using the internet to wrestle with our faith – to learn, celebrate, and find solace.
- Check out radio stations such as Premier Christian Radio and UCB and television including Songs of Praise or YouTube for pre-recorded worship songs and events.
Resources for use with children and families:
- Anchor a free, easy to use app for creating podcasts. Families could sign up, and children and young people could create a podcast around a Bible story/passage, or offer encouragement during difficult times
- Boys Brigade resources are being provided weekly
- Care for the Family and Care for the Family: Raising Faith book
- D6 Family
- Engage Worship are offering a daily prayer and worship activity for families
- FischyMusic Youtube Channel
- Girls’ Brigade has launched some online resources for girls and young women called GB@home, a free weekly resource of activities for different age groups, which are suitable for anyone, not just GB members.
- GodVenture has helpful hints about faith at home.
- Going for Growth simple downloadable Worship at Home liturgy (with suggestions for creative resources) from Mary Hawes, National C&Y Adviser for Church of England
- Illustrated Ministry are offering free, reflective resources including Colouring Sheets for when you feel anxious
- Messy Church are designing sessions for use at home
- Methodist Church resources from The Well Learning Hub from the Children, Youth & Family Ministry Team on Mental Health and Being a Community When You Can’t Meet, as well as links to Together with God and Family Lives
- Mini Movie Matters for children and families, written by Lorraine Darlow
- Mothers’ Union: Faith in the Family
- Roots on the Web have free resources available during the Covid19 which follow the lectionary each week with downloadable sheets for all ages.
- Scottish Bible Society including Bible 2020 with downloadable apps on IOS: https://2020.bible/apple-app and
- The Kitchen Table Project
- We Wonder podcast offers Bible readings & reflections designed for children, with children contributing thoughts and prayers, twice a week during Lent
- Worshiping with Children are providing worship outlines and reflections on the lectionary passages through their Facebook page
You can find a range of digital tools for discipleship in the local church on this site, including streaming services, podcasting and music, virtual communion, small groups, prayer, community support, and others.