Please join us for the Methodist Church’s second domestic abuse webinar on Thursday 25 November 2021. The Connexional Safeguarding Team have put together a packed programme to continue its objective to highlight and address the issue of domestic abuse. The webinar is timely as the date is also the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
We have a number of prominent speakers as follows:
- The Revd Sonia Hicks – The President of the Methodist Conference
- Jess Phillips – Labour MP and Shadow Minister for Domestic Abuse and Safeguarding
- Ian McNicholl – A survivor and also an ambassador for the charity Men Reaching Out who has been on a number of TV programmes including BBC Breakfast, Sky News and Loose Women to tell his story
- Bekah Legg – Chief Executive Officer of Restored which is a Christian domestic abuse charity
- Rosemary – A survivor who powerfully illustrates her story
- The Revd Henry Lewis – Chair of the Safeguarding Committee for the Methodist Church
There will be a panel facilitated by District Safeguarding Officer Becky Skinner and there will be an opportunity to pose questions.
Date: 25th November 2021 Time: 10.00 am to 12.00 noon (including a break).
Please register promptly to avoid missing out as places are limited.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.