Thu09Feb202312.30pm to 3pmCivic House, 26 Civic Street, Glasgow G4 9RH
How to Decarbonise your Community Building
Do you want to reduce your community building’s energy costs and carbon emissions? If so, the Scottish Government’s Community and Renewable Energy Scheme (CARES) is here to help.
Funding and support is available to communities to decarbonise community buildings by installing renewable technologies such as heat pumps and solar panels.
Join us at Civic House in Glasgow where you’ll:
- learn about how CARES can help your community
- find out about the funding available to install renewable technologies
- hear how Agile City plans to install battery storage at Civic House, and new solar panels and battery storage at the Glue Factory, all with the support of CARES
- see the technologies up close and hear more about how they work
- have time to network with other communities attending.
Local Energy Scotland, which manages CARES for the Scottish Government, will have development officers on hand to answer any questions you may have.
We’ve put some approximate timings together to help you plan your travel arrangements.
- 12.30pm – arrivals and refreshments
- 12.45pm – a first tour of the building
- 1pm – Presentation by Local Energy Scotland and time for questions
- 1.30pm – lunch
- 2pm – presentation by Civic House and time for questions
- 2.30pm – a second tour of the building
- 3pm – event closes
You can choose which building tour to attend to help you plan your travel arrangements.
How to book
This event is free to attend, but you must book your space in advance. Lunch will be provided.
If you’re unable to book online, or if you have any questions, please call Local Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2288.